The COVID era has been challenging for most of the organizations and industries running across the world. Educational institutions no exceptions. But the educational institutions have played smartly and moved toward an online method. They have also made sure that the academic year gets started with the complete online methodology.
However, it is a very tough job to conduct exams in this COVID-19 pandemic. The Covid has forced some institutes to postpone the examination or move to an online exam model.
Here, we will be explaining how educational organizations can conduct the exam using an online exam system during the COVID crisis and how to manage the online exam system.
WHAT DOES THE ONLINE EXAM SYSTEM MEAN?
With the help of the online exam system software, educational institutes can get a safe and secure way to conduct online exams for many students at the same time. Institutes can upload the questions a day or a few hours before the exam, and students will give the exam at the decided period. It is possible to conduct multiple-choice question exams or descriptive types of exams. The advantage of conduction MCQ exams is that the institutes can generate results instantly.
The students need to have high-speed internet and quality computers. Some of the online exam systems also allow giving exams from mobile devices.
If there is no issue about high-speed internet and quality computers, tons of students can participate in the online examination at the same time. It will make the process easy for educational organizations to conduct the exam using an online exam system.
HOW DOES AN ONLINE EXAM SYSTEM WORK?
Many platforms can offer rich examination features to the institutes. Teachers and admins can create and handle online examination. Also, the students can participate in the exam from their home and by their preferred devices.
HOW TO CREATE AN ONLINE EXAM
- First, you need to log in to your online exam system,
- Now, select the “New Online Exam.”
- After that, you need to provide the exam’s name, start date, pass percentage, maximum time, etc.
- Now, institutes have to select the batch and the format of the exam. You can also deselect the students under the selected batch.
HOW TO EVALUATE THE ONLINE EXAM
If the exam format is descriptive, then selected teachers can see the answer sheet and evaluate the exam. The descriptive type of exam can take some time to evaluate. It entirely depends on the teachers how much time they take to check the answer sheets. If it is an MCQ based exam, then there is no need for any evaluator. Institutes need to enter the correct answer once.
HOW TO ATTEND AN ONLINE EXAM
Students can enter the examination from the dashboard. They will be able to see the “start exam” option on the screen. Once students click on the option, the system will take them to another step. Now, the exam will begin in another window. Students can also see the remaining time of the test at the corner of the screen. The answers will automatically get submitted once the time is out.
HOW TO EDIT AN ONLINE EXAM
If the institutes want to edit questions or modify, they can do it in the online exam system. It is possible to delete or reschedule the exam.
HOW TO PUBLISH RESULTS AND REPORTS OF AN ONLINE EXAM
Once the evaluation and rectification process is done, educational organizations can publish the results by simply clicking on the “Publish result” button. Once the results are published, students will get instant notification on their devices, and they can check the results on the portal.
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE EXAM SYSTEM
- A technologically high-level software to help students and parents.
- Efficient and saves money for the institute.
- Fast and straightforward creation of results quickly once the exams are over.
- Usage technology for the fast conduct of exams.
- The reduced organizational burden for educators and administrators.
- Straightforward evaluation by technology saves time for teachers.
- Gives massive compliance with the location and time of conducting exams.
- Perfect during COVID and other similar crisis times due to the natural benefits.
- The reusability of past questions papers saves time and effort of teachers.
- No storage and transport are required for examination papers.
- Ability to conduct secure examinations.
- Environment-friendly examinations.
There are tons of benefits to using the online exam system. This is the best solution for students as they now don’t need to travel to give exams during the pandemic. If you are working at an institute’s administrative level, you can request an online examination system demo by contacting us.
To summarize, an excellent online exam system can effectively manage online exams during the Covid crisis. Institutes can create, edit, evaluate, and publish reports and online exam data. Students can also give the exam with ease.